Date: 7/6/20 7:38 am
From: David Zittin <dzittin...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Ash-throated Mockingbird and Hooded Orioles
Hi Birders,
A few days ago I was excited to hear an Ash-throated Flycatcher in the neighborhood until it started singing something different. Fooled by another mockingbird.
I do have to give this mockingbird credit it was a great imitation. I have heard the flycatcher ka'bir a few more times since.

This morning 4  Hooded Orioles were frantically fighting over rights to access the jelly backyard feeder. I suspect this is a brood because the birds tolerated each other. In past years we
have observed some very aggressive chasing when two adult males came together. There were two female types which I suspect was an adult  female and an immature female.
There was also an immature male which was olive yellow but was showing a distinct black throat. The fourth bird was a brilliant male.

On a side note, consider birding on weekdays if you can. Parks are a lot less crowded and we are easily able to keep our distance from others at places like Picchetti and Stevens Creek County Park.

-Dave and Floy Zittin
Cupertino

View/Reply Online (#21955): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/21955
-=-=-