Date: 7/5/20 12:43 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lake County PAC-slope?
Hi Jack. The only Western-type I have heard on territory in the Warners was making Pac-slope sounds.

I have heard second-hand that on the California side of the Warners, observers default to Cordilleran. I’m not sure why.

Lump ‘em.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Jul 5, 2020, at 12:34 PM, Jack Maynard <jmaynard...> wrote:
>
> Hello obol,
> With some trepidation I am going to check in a Pacific-slope Flycatcher from a location SE of Lakeview in The Warner Mountains. It trips Rare. I have a few pics and a sound recording but very limited connectivity here.
>
> Kelli and I were birding a spot called Willow Creek campground this morning and heard what we thought were the distinct vocalizations of the Pac-slope, but thought they shouldn’t be present this far East. We heard at least two birds making the Ju-weeeep call and eventually saw two and photographed one of the birds. I’ll include a pic or two with this email. I won’t be able to get the sound recording uploaded until I get home to Portland tomorrow or Tuesday.
>
> I’ll be interested to hear from folks as to whether this was a good ID. Both pac-slope and Cordilleran tick rare. West of the cascades I’d call these pacific-slope and move on.
>
> Sorry about the blurry photos, they are the only ones I could get to transfer from my camera.
>
> <image2.jpeg>
> <image1.jpeg>
>
> <image0.jpeg>
>

> I have better photos but they are of a silent Empid we saw very soon after and are not sure it is the same bird we heard. The bird in the pics is the bird we heard.
> I’m attempting to add a sound recording.
> <New Recording 68.m4a>
>
> Apologies in advance if this is too much data but I don’t have a way to link to a page or eBird with this damn iPhone.
>
> Jack Maynard
> Portland Oregon
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!