Date: 7/5/20 10:35 am
From: Andy Thomas <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender adt0611 for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Re: Mystery Song
I used https://birdnet.cornell.edu/api/ to analyze your sound file. I filtered to play the 2-syllable "do-whit" call only. A screen shot of the result is attached. The most likely is Clay-colored Thrush, among several other Eurasian species, but all are low probability. In other words, Birdnet is stumped. The other prominent call -- the higher pitched down-slurred call -- seems to be Red-wing Blackbird (also according to Birdnet).

Andrew Thomas

On Sunday, July 5, 2020, 7:25:12 AM PDT, Kay Carter <kaycarter001...> wrote:

I recorded the attached at about 8:00AM on Thursday, 7/2, in Canby.  I was never able to see the bird, which seemed to be deep in a group of curly willows.  It called continuously for several minutes.  I feel like I ought to be able to put a name to it, but I’m not having any success.  Any suggestions?  (I’m after the repeated 2-syllable “do-whit” call.)

Kay Carter

Canby

Join us on Facebook!