Date: 7/5/20 7:30 am
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Mystery Song
My first guess would be Hutton's Vireo. The sound is not exactly right, but that's almost certainly a technical artifact. A regular nester at our house, the kid's dubbed it "the world's most boring bird song".Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Kay Carter <KayCarter001...> Date: 7/5/20 7:24 AM (GMT-08:00) To: OBOL <obol...> Subject: [obol] Mystery Song

I recorded the attached at about 8:00
AM on Thursday, 7/2, in Canby.  I was never able to see the bird, which seemed to be deep in a group of curly willows.  It called continuously for several minutes.  I feel like I ought to be able to put a name to it, but I’m
not having any success.  Any suggestions?  (I’m after the repeated 2-syllable “do-whit” call.)

Kay Carter
Canby

Join us on Facebook!