Date: 7/3/20 6:18 am
From: Dorsey, Kurk <Kurk.Dorsey...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Acadian in Lee
Birders
This morning just before 8 I had an Acadian flycatcher, or possibly a dog squeaky toy, calling from the trees at Gile Road in Lee. If one takes 152 west of 125, Gile Road is the first road on the right, and the bird was calling from the trees next to the pond on the left.

Yesterday, I had two sapsuckers squeal at me from either side of the Oyster River Forest in Durham, first on the Packers Falls Road side and then from the Mill Road side, so I suppose that they successfully nested there this spring.

Wednesday I had a Nelson's sparrow singing and then flying at the end of the Sweet Trail at TNC's Lubberland Creek preserve. The behavioral highlight was watching a RW Blackbird and an Osprey team up to attack a Great Blue Heron--I didn't see it start, so I can only speculate about what the heron did to earn that unlikely alliance.

Kurk Dorsey
Durham