Date: 6/30/20 12:00 am
From: Brandon Caswell <brandon.caswell83...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Re: Mississippi Kites
A couple shots of the kites, a subadult (1st summer) and adult from
Father's Day. It was right in front of Fairmeadows Elementary, my alma
mater 3rd-6th grade. I felt like I was missing a backpack and lunch box. :)

One thing I noticed years back at Ottumwa was the presence of the breeding
pair of adults and a subadult. I wonder if their offspring follow them back
north the following year?

Best,
Brandon Caswell
Marion

PS. I also included a shot with the red coming through in the flight
feathers and tail. Too bad a tree barely threw it out of focus.