Date: 6/29/20 9:51 pm
From: Patrick Maloney <maloneypatrick...>
Subject: No Sighting - Odd House Finch Behavior

Yesterday on my patio I watched 6 house finches all crowded onto the tops of Red Sedum I have planted in a 14 inch pot.  The finches appeqared to be eating the leaf tops or possibly drinking from the succulent leaves.  I have seen rabbits and squirrels eating my Sedum, but to see 6 finches crowded onto the top of one pot was something I had never seen before.  I've never seen any bird actually eating a flower before.  Is this usual or normal behavior?
Pat Maloney
So. St. Louis

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
CANCELED - MBS Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO - CANCELED
Details and online registration FOR FUTURE MEETINGS at: http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx

Join us on Facebook!