Date: 6/29/20 8:09 pm
From: Naresh Satyan <naresh.satyan...>
Subject: Re: [LACoBirds] Calabasas Hooded Warbler - Parking Warning
Hi Dick, all

I share some of your frustration about many public spaces not being easily
accessible (or completely inaccessible in some cases) because of parking
restrictions.

That said, when I went to look for this bird, I did see a No Parking sign
at or near the intersection of Piuma road and Las Virgenes/Malibu canyon
road, though a couple of cars were parked there. The signage is not
obvious. I decided not to park there and look for another spot. The only
obviously legal place I could find to park in the area is the Piuma
trailhead parking lot of the Malibu creek state park ($3 per hour). This
lot is about 0.2 miles south of the intersection. It is not surprising that
the park rangers want to encourage people to pay and park there, and I
imagine that lot can get full on weekends.

Naresh

--
Naresh Satyan
Pasadena, CA