Date: 6/29/20 7:56 pm
From: Ken Copenhaver <copenhvr...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Monthly bird walks
The Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge has been doing monthly
walks on the refuge starting in March 2010. We are at 158 species and
added our last new species in October 2018 (Bufflehead on the Railroad
Trail). Our walks haven't been open to the public since April, but a few
board members are keeping the counts going until further notice.

--Ken Copenhaver

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 10:33 PM R Stewart <2cnewbirds...> wrote:

> Thanks, Sue. And the same is true for Hildene monitoring since March, but
> normally open to the public as yours, too?
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:59 PM Susan Elliott <
> <00000032e9152660-dmarc-request...> wrote:
>
> > West Rutland Marsh - we will complete 19 years in July. Ongoing, but not
> > open to the public; only a handful of socially distanced Rutland County
> > Audubon board members have been doing the monitoring since March.
> > Sue Elliott
> > On Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:36:27 PM EDT, R Stewart <
> > <2cnewbirds...> wrote:
> >
> > How many monthly bird walks are ongoing in VT? Please respond with
> > location
> > and year started. We here in the 'banana belt' are into our 13th year at
> > Hildene, The Lincoln Family Home and they would like to showcase this
> > ongoing project. Thanks... Oh - we are at 153 species - the most recent
> > (and exciting) addition was a Least Bittern in 2019. thanks for the
> > help...
> >
> > --
> > Ruth Stewart
> > E. Dorset VT