Date: 6/29/20 6:30 pm
From: Jo Ann Eldridge <joann621...>
Subject: Re: WEKI visits in Joplin

Usually we have a couple pair of Western Kingbirds nesting on utility poles
in Kearney, but so far I haven't heard or seen any. But today at Wal
Mart in Excelsior Springs I heard and saw one WEKI calling and flying in
the parking lot. They are probably nesting on one of the parking lot
lighting structures. So nice to hear their calls!

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay Co.
<joann621...>

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 1:26 PM Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...>
wrote:

> WARNING: This message has originated from an External Source. This may be
> a phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT
> System. Please use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments,
> clicking links, or responding to this email.
> Yesterday morning I observed a western kingbird on a wire here in Jasper
> County,
> sw. MO. It was on Blair Rd., about less than 1/2 mile due east of MSSU
> football
> stadium. I was there to look for painted buntings that I observed there
> last year
> and the year before. This site is far away from electric power stations,
> where WEKI
> have become common summer residents in the last 10 years or so.
> WEKI are nesting on the electric power station again at 5th & Kentucky,
> downtown Joplin. They have been there regularly for about 10 years.
> Good Summer birding,
> Larry, in Joplin.
> 6-29-20.

> <mobirds-l-request...>

> CANCELED - MBS Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO -
> CANCELED Details and Online Registration
> <http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
CANCELED - MBS Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO - CANCELED
Details and online registration FOR FUTURE MEETINGS at: http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx

Join us on Facebook!