Date: 6/29/20 4:17 pm
From: Brian Threlkeld <threlkster...>
Subject: Re: Red Bellied Woodpecker question
Maybe juvenile/immature?

Some aspects of the coloration might make me wonder about ID’ing it as a
Golden-fronted Woodpecker (Melanerpes aurifrons), but a sighting that far
north and east of Texas and Oklahoma would be a remarkable instance of
vagrancy!

Brian Threlkeld
Rego Park NY

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:33 PM Amy Roberts <1amyeroberts...> wrote:

Hello! I am wondering if anyone can confirm if this is a female Red Bellied
> Woodpecker, or a male with issues, or something else. I definitely have a
> male around (one picture of him included), but this bird's colors seem to
> be way off. Thanks! I'm curious! Amy

Join us on Facebook!