Date: 6/29/20 2:22 pm
From: <dgrainger...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Fwd: Re: redstart scroll bar anomaly

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] redstart scroll bar anomaly
Date: 2020-06-29 14:09
From: <dgrainger...>
To: Gary Bletsch <garybletsch...>

RE Edge browser: Microsoft pushed that out and are still in the process
of doing so,and they found a way to do it as an Update even if you have
Auto Updates turned off. The thing runs on Chromium (NOT Google Chrome)
with which I have found a lot of malware like problems. To get rid of
it: use msconfig and kill the running process called Microsoft Edge.
Next go into Control Panel and Uninstall the Microsoft Edge Updater
program (else the beast will return) and then reboot. BTW, Internet
Explorer is NOT removed, just the tray icon during the Edge
installation. You can either find the exe file in the Internet Explorer
directory or find Internet Explorer under All Programs and then re-link
it to the task bar.

This campaign by Microsoft is to increase their abilities to gather data
about your use of the internet, data that guides Directed Advertising
campaigns; it is self serving for them and does the consumer no favors.

I recommend not using Internet Explorer anyway...