Date: 6/29/20 1:32 pm
From: Tom Ogren <tloallergyfree...>
Subject: Re: [slocobirding] Unusual Hooded Oriole behavior
Pineapple guava trees are great bird trees. I always grow them & love
eating the guavas. For years I've seen orioles, mockingbirds, jays,
and starlings eating their petals. We don't have a native pollinator
for these fruits and the birds, shaking the flower as they yank off
the sweet petals...the birds pollinate the flowers and get them to set
fruit.
Tom Ogren SLO