Date: 6/29/20 12:39 pm
From: Eitan Altman <eitanaltman...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Willet @ Lake Murray (6/29/20)
Of local interest, a post-rain check of Lake Murray turned up a worn adult (presumably early southbound migrant) Willet.

I first spotted it ~11:15am flying around the buoys by the dam while scanning across the lake from the opposite side, thank goodness it’s the easiest shorebird to identify in flight from over a half mile away with handheld 10x binos! It flew into Alvarado Bay at which point I lost it, but I was able to refind it loafing on the shore 20-25 minutes later after walking back to my car and circling around to the Kiowa entrance.

Eitan Altman
San Carlos

View/Reply Online (#10915): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/10915
-=-=-
---
Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month. Location subject to change, so for the most up-to-date info, look for the most recent meeting announcement. [March-May 2020 meetings will be at the Mission Valley Library, 2123 Fenton Parkway, San Diego]. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year.
---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!