Date: 6/29/20 12:21 pm
From: Scott Kruitbosch via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Sharing waterbirds data/checklists
I wanted to again ask that everyone please share any eBird checklists that
include shorebirds, terns, herons or egrets with the Audubon Alliance for
Coastal Waterbirds at <ctwaterbirds...> whenever you can. We have
requested this help in previous years, and please keep them coming in 2020!

There is a button on eBird to share in the upper left when viewing
checklists, and if you click that and enter <ctwaterbirds...> you can
easily do so with applicable checklists. Even old checklists can be sent if
you have any from earlier in the year. This helps us record the staging and
nesting areas for these birds - those that we do not monitor every pair in
Connecticut as we do for Piping Plovers and American Oystercatchers - and
also helps us track volunteer hours for folks who are recording waterbird
activity. Please be sure these checklists contain your time spent in the
field in the reports to help track level of effort.

This is a huge help in 2020 when we have had a very difficult year for
AAfCW and CT DEEP due to COVID-19. The more information, data and time from
the field, the better.

Please also email any sightings such as banded or flagged Piping Plovers or
plovers seen at unexpected locations to Laura Saucier (<Laura.Saucier...>)
and Rebecca Foster (<rsuzf...>) of CT DEEP plus us at AAfCW (
<ctwaterbirds...>).

You should also please email <ctwaterbirds...> any significant or
important information pertaining to Piping Plovers, American
Oystercatchers, Least Terns, and Common Terns beyond day to day expected
sightings at typical beaches. We have a vastly reduced number of eyes out
there, and we are doing the best we can this spring and summer for our
birds. This is the contact point you want to use. Your assistance is
greatly appreciated.

If you are not an "official" monitor, we still would love your time and
data, thanks!

Scott Kruitbosch
AAfCW Volunteer Coordinator
RTPI Manager of Connecticut Programs