Date: 6/29/20 11:28 am
From: Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...>
Subject: WEKI visits in Joplin

Yesterday morning I observed a western kingbird on a wire here in Jasper
County,
sw. MO. It was on Blair Rd., about less than 1/2 mile due east of MSSU
football
stadium. I was there to look for painted buntings that I observed there
last year
and the year before. This site is far away from electric power stations,
where WEKI
have become common summer residents in the last 10 years or so.
WEKI are nesting on the electric power station again at 5th & Kentucky,
downtown Joplin. They have been there regularly for about 10 years.
Good Summer birding,
Larry, in Joplin.
6-29-20.

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
CANCELED - MBS Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO - CANCELED
Details and online registration FOR FUTURE MEETINGS at: http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx

Join us on Facebook!