Date: 6/29/20 9:57 am
From: Grant Stevenson <gsteve5519...>
Subject: Fwd: Another Hummingbird behavior
Hi All,

Lots of birds do this, I hear. I think I've seen a red-tail do it. It is
called "rain bathing". They might sing and call during rain while hunkered
down. The song goes by a term like "quiet song'. If anyone knows the actual
name, I'd like to know!

Grant Stevenson
Fountain Hill, Lehigh County
<Gsteve5519...>

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:27 AM Arlene Koch <
<0000012d74227426-dmarc-request...> wrote:

> Also In the rain they often sit on exposed perches with wings and tail
> spread and head facing up. I’ve seen them do this for 15 or more minutes
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jun 28, 2020, at 10:30 PM, The Stahls <jalstahl...> wrote:
> >
> > A few years ago, I watched a Ruby-throated Hummingbird bathe on dew
> drops collected on a leaf. The bird would roll on its side, flap its wings
> rapidly, fluff its feathers, like a larger bird might do in a bird bath,
> but this on a single leaf 4 or 5 feet above ground. I recorded this on a
> small video disk.
> > Stanley Stahl

Join us on Facebook!