Date: 6/29/20 8:32 am
Subject: CBC Birding NC guide
My wife has sent me up to mountains for Father's day the past 5-ish years,
and I've always planned my trip using CBC Birding NC guide - just a
random dumb luck purchase someone gave me for birthday years ago.
I usually start at MM 270 looking for ceruleans, and work my way down to
Devils Courthouse over course of a week or so. I'm OCD and try to stop at
EVERY overlook, even if for just 5 minutes.
Since all the campsites on the Parkway are closed, I had to change my plans
(and my OCD does not like that!) and improvise, adapt & overcome! I ended
up camping in TN and going to Roan Mtn. chasing golden-wing warblers, and
spent some time on backside of Craggy Gardens on Stoney Fork Rd.
All that to say, reading through contributor credits and seeing so many
familiar names, AND seeing that guide was published in 2005, I had this not
quite sinful level of envy for all of you who spent your time wisely
birding instead of destroying your knees running marathons, then taking up
birding when you couldn't run anymore but needed to be outside.
Regardless, thanks to all of you who worked on 2005 edition. You help keep
my wife from killing me for at least 7 days per year!

Regards,
Kevin Hudson
Raleigh NC

Join us on Facebook!