Date: 6/29/20 7:54 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Forgetfulness
Forgetfulness can work in your favor.  Yesterday late afternoon I was
planning to pick some black raspberries in the garden.  I was ready to
go but could not find my little bucket that I just had a few minutes
ago.  After about five minutes of searching I finally saw it.  Just as I
was ready to walk out the door the adult Pileated woodpecker came
swooping in.  He's followed by a male youngster who was smaller and had
dark eyes.  Then, surprise surprise, a third one came in.  This was a
male as well and looked young.  Fortunately there was a fresh suet cake
on the walnut tree.  At one point the parent got a mouthful and went
after the youngster to feed him.  So special to have three Pileateds so
close to the house.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!