Date: 6/28/20 7:46 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Swallows
I have two boxes at my house in west Eugene. One is new and was not used. The other has been used successfully by VGs for four of the five years it has been there. This year it will fledge at least two young, probably in the next couple of days, as they have been sticking heads out for three days now.

The one in use is the “oval” hole design that is about 1 1/8 inch high. House Sparrow is too fat to flatten itself to get in; VG can. I got it from the Wild Birds Unlimited in Eugene.

The other, a slightly different design, I got from a friend this year. I may have put them too close together.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com