Date: 6/28/20 6:28 pm
From: James Fuller <jnkfuller...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Bewick,s Wren
Hi All,
Someone suggested there hadn’t been a Bewick’s Wren in Iowa City for 50 years. I
had one in my backyard on Longview Knoll about 30 years ago, and I saw one in
and around a garage near where James Huntington lives and lived probably
40 years ago. I also have seen two others in Johnson County relatively recently….
One was nesting in a can of nails in a shed in southern Johnson County, and the
other was at the home of a young Amish boy who called me about it. That must have been
about 10 years ago. I also have seen one in Aspen Grove Cemetery in Burlington and
this year one outside Lacey-Keosauqua SP. And besides the Argyle bird I had one
at the campground at Lacey-Keosauqua one year. But on my deck in the middle of
town…..unbelievable.
Jim Fuller, Iowa City