Date: 6/28/20 5:56 pm
From: Victoria Arthur <singtolive57...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Bennington County Osprey nest
Can anyone tell me what is a safe place to watch the rookery area from?
I've tried to pull over several times on Rt 7 and it never feels safe at
all, so I leave. Today we took the North Rd overpass over Rt 7 and there
is 1 spot where you can view 2 nests (GBH?) with a good pair of binocs, but
we saw absolutely no one in or around the nests about 6 pm this evening. I
could not see any other nests from that vantage point due to too many trees
in the way, but at least parking along that road felt safer.
Suggestions appreciated, and if everyone's fledged please let me know.
Thanks

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 4:35 PM R Stewart <2cnewbirds...> wrote:

> The exciting possibility is having a successful nesting attempt by either
> or both Osprey or eagle as neither have been confirmed as breeding (YET!)
> in the sw corner of VT.
>
> On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 11:14 AM Gretchen Nareff <marshbirder...>
> wrote:
>
> > I have seen the Osprey chase off on separate occasions an adult and an
> > immature Bald Eagle as well as a Red-tailed Hawk. Seems like prime real
> > estate for some. The Osprey could provide some protection to the herons
> if
> > they can win the territory next year.
> >
> > Gretchen
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 7:09 AM Sharon Turner <sharxxturner...>
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello! My husband thought he saw bald eagles building a nest in the
> > > vicinity of the Osprey nest. I remember something about an eagle
> sighted
> > > in that vicinity. What was the eagle doing?
> > > Sharon

Join us on Facebook!