Date: 6/26/20 4:51 pm
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Oregon Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

Allen's Hummingbird (1 Curry)
Common Loon (1 Baker)
Green Heron (1 Hood River)
Red-naped Sapsucker (1 Deschutes)
American Three-toed Woodpecker (3 Deschutes)
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted x Red-shafted) (2 Lane)
Black-capped Chickadee (1 Deschutes)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (1 Lane)
Gray Catbird (2 Deschutes)
Veery (1 Deschutes)
Lincoln's Sparrow (1 Lane)
Great-tailed Grackle (1 Malheur)
Northern Waterthrush (1 Wallowa)
Orange-crowned Warbler (orestera) (1 Union)

eBird encourages our users to bird safely, responsibly, and mindfully.
Please follow the recommendations of your local health authorities and
respect any active travel restrictions in your area. For more information
visit: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully

Allen's Hummingbird (Selasphorus sasin) (1)
- Reported Jun 24, 2020 by Don Munson
- home-YARD, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.0704293,-124.21009&ll=42.0704293,-124.21009
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Date last seen of adult male which is typical."

Common Loon (Gavia immer) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 25, 2020 18:18 by Caleb Centanni
- Mason Dam Viewpoint, Baker, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.672861,-118.000175&ll=44.672861,-118.000175
- Comments: "(Rare): “unreported”: breeding plumage, 2 together close,
acting like a pair : large seabirds, seen well : “really big loon. Just
kidding. Large loon. Large black heads peaked forward, thick bills, white
necklaces, large mostly black bodies, breeding plumage.”"

Green Heron (Butorides virescens) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 25, 2020 14:25 by Sibylle Hechtel
- Hood River mouth, Hood River, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.7152892,-121.5063858&ll=45.7152892,-121.5063858
- Comments: "Flew by as I hiked in the adjacent marsh. Ill take a camera
tomorrow"

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1)
- Reported Jun 25, 2020 13:00 by Ryan Lesniewicz
- Calliope Crossing, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3507699,-121.5526056&ll=44.3507699,-121.5526056
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Known site."

American Three-toed Woodpecker (Picoides dorsalis) (1)
- Reported Jun 25, 2020 09:56 by Donald Sutherland
- Trout Creek Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.2461577,-121.6949676&ll=44.2461577,-121.6949676
- Comments: "MTF"

American Three-toed Woodpecker (Picoides dorsalis) (1)
- Reported Jun 25, 2020 09:29 by Ryan Lesniewicz
- Trout Creek Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.2461577,-121.6949676&ll=44.2461577,-121.6949676
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Photos and viewed with 4 others."

American Three-toed Woodpecker (Picoides dorsalis) (1)
- Reported Jun 25, 2020 08:29 by Pam Otley
- Trout Creek Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.246834,-121.6932211&ll=44.246834,-121.6932211
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Woodpecker with black wings and barring on white front and
flanks, white barring on back. White speckled forehead and narrow white
supercilium."

Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted x Red-shafted) (Colaptes auratus luteus x
cafer) (1)
- Reported Jun 26, 2020 11:20 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Garden Lake, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.9223017,-123.0093026&ll=43.9223017,-123.0093026
- Comments: "Juvenile intergrade with yellow-orange tail and wings"

Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted x Red-shafted) (Colaptes auratus luteus x
cafer) (1)
- Reported Jun 26, 2020 11:20 by Lauren diBiccari
- Garden Lake, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.9223017,-123.0093026&ll=43.9223017,-123.0093026
- Comments: "Juvenile intergrade with yellow-orange tail and wings"

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) (1)
- Reported Jun 25, 2020 13:02 by Pam Otley
- Black Butte Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3713649,-121.6314715&ll=44.3713649,-121.6314715
- Comments: "I saw this BCCH at the green gate parking area. I had a good
look at it through my binos as it was perched in a small tree. I had looked
at it to confirm it wasn't a Mountain Chickadee or Chestnut-backed."

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (Polioptila caerulea) (1)
- Reported Jun 26, 2020 06:10 by Noah Strycker
- Mt. Pisgah (Howard Buford County Recreation Area), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0051,-122.9631&ll=44.0051,-122.9631
- Comments: "Female just east of where trail 3 crosses Buckbrush Creek (not
the usual spot on the powerline road, but downslope from there)."

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1)
- Reported Jun 26, 2020 10:21 by barb phillips
- Bentham Falls Trail Head, Bend US-OR (43.9305,-121.4115), Deschutes,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.93049,-121.411546&ll=43.93049,-121.411546
- Comments: "Black cap, smooth gray back and chest and rusty under tail
coverts, tail long and flipping. Not singing; catching insects and
perching on bare limbs for good views!!"

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (2)
- Reported Jun 26, 2020 08:05 by Craig Bennett
- Deschutes River Trail--Benham Falls, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.939274,-121.413247&ll=43.939274,-121.413247
- Comments: "All slate gray with black caps. A pair active in willows
adjacent to log dam at the bridge. Unmistakable."

Veery (Catharus fuscescens) (1)
- Reported Jun 25, 2020 13:02 by Pam Otley
- Black Butte Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3713649,-121.6314715&ll=44.3713649,-121.6314715
- Comments: "Continuing. I saw and heard this bird in the location its been
seen at, matching the pin on this list . Shortly after arriving at the
location, I heard repeatedly the "jerr" calls coming from the woods to the
west of the small meadow. There was silence for about 30 minutes then the
calls started up again, followed by about 10 minutes of the veery song,
again coming from the conifer and aspen trees at the west side of the
meadow. After the first session of calling, I caught a brief look at the
back of a quite reddish-brown thrush before it disappeared into the trees."

Lincoln's Sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii) (3)
- Reported Jun 25, 2020 12:23 by Tom Mickel
- Blair Lake Trail (No. 3553), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.8399663,-122.2371849&ll=43.8399663,-122.2371849
- Comments: "Good breeding habitat"

Great-tailed Grackle (Quiscalus mexicanus) (1)
- Reported Jun 26, 2020 12:22 by Steve Kaiserman
- Beck-Kiwanis Park, Malheur, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0374113,-116.9688606&ll=44.0374113,-116.9688606
- Comments: "Picture"

Northern Waterthrush (Parkesia noveboracensis) (1)
- Reported Jun 25, 2020 12:03 by Kestrel Arts
- Enterprise WMA, Wallowa, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.4193591,-117.3054886&ll=45.4193591,-117.3054886
- Comments: "In dense low Willows. It flew down towards the water and I
didn’t see it again. Had a bright whitish eyebrow marking and lots of dark
streaks and Christmas tree shaped marks on neck and chest."

Orange-crowned Warbler (orestera) (Leiothlypis celata orestera) (4)
- Reported Jun 26, 2020 06:56 by Sean Cozart
- Glass Hill Road -- Morgan Lake Road to Green Gate, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.2826928,-118.1029938&ll=45.2826928,-118.1029938
- Comments: ""Default" breeding subspecies. One photographed male was very
yellow, similar to the other orestera male I reported earlier this season.
These yellow-headed males, which appears to be quite a common phenotype for
the subspecies, can be distinguished from lutescens by the distinct
supercilium stripe. Overall too yellow for celata."

eBird Alerts provide recent reports of regionally or seasonally rare
species (Rarities Alerts) or species you have not yet observed (Needs
Alerts) in your region of interest; both Accepted and Unreviewed
observations are included. Some reports may be from private property or
inaccessible to the general public. It is the responsibility of every
eBirder to be aware of and respectful of access restrictions. For more
information, see our Terms of Use:
https://www.birds.cornell.edu/home/terms-of-use/

Join us on Facebook!