Date: 6/25/20 12:27 pm
From: Sharon Howard <clmssh...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Bald eagle nest on North Magnolia, Seattle
For several weeks from our home in Lower Sunset Hill in Ballard I have been using my husband’s scope and watching a huge bald eagle nest. It is in the crotch of a double crowned and tallest tree on North Magnolia. For weeks I’ve seen the parents coming and going, and a few days ago I saw one parent bring in some prey with long dangling legs, I could not identify, but it may have been a juvenile heron as there is the Great Blue Heron rookery next to the Locks with dozens of young. Couldn’t be sure. At that time I could see the parent feed young in the nest, but could not see the juvenile(s). Today when I checked there were two juveniles standing together on the south side of the nest. Soon a parent arrived and the juveniles jumped into/onto the center of the nest and mom or dad provided lunch. I did not see what was on the menu. It is such a treat to be able to on my patio and look across the water at bald eagles sharing lunch.
We also had a Cooper’s hawk come sit on our fence today, but the small birds at the feeders flushed into the trees and the hawk left.

Bonne journée,
Sharon Howard