Date: 6/25/20 4:33 am
From: Kit Hood <kithood3...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Least Bitterns
Last evening around 6:30 I searched for the Least Bittern recently seen at the small marsh behind Walmart in W. Lebanon. After 15 minutes or so a female flew up from the reeds in front of me. She flew to another patch to my right and I lost sight of her. About 5 minutes later, she flew off to the dense reeds at the far left. Then a minute or two later the male flew from the same spot to the dead tree on the left of the wetland. He stood on a branch awash in golden light for about 3 minutes. What an incredible look at such handsome bird!

A great thrill to see a pair! Hope they are breeding.

Kit Hood

Join us on Facebook!