Date: 6/23/20 5:40 pm
From: James McCoy <jgmccoy350...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Franklin’s Gull/Laughing gull, added photos
Thanks to everyone for their insights on the dark-hooded gull with
larger bill I shared last night. Several of you asked if there were any
better views of the wings. I got no photos of the bird with wings open and
all photos were at some distance into the sun, but I have attached a couple
of other views that show the wing tips a little better. They appear to be
all black/dark-gray with no white spots. In addition to being larger
billed than a Franklin's the bill does seem to have a bit of a droop. My
interpretation, with everyone's help, is a first summer Laughing Gull. I
would welcome any additional comments.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Jamie McCoy
Iowa City