Date: 6/23/20 3:05 pm
From: Jeannie Killam <killamfarm...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Help! Dead Bluebirds
Several years ago I found plans for and built "Texas Bluebird" boxes. They have a double roof with about an inch space between, and the second roof is bigger so that it shades the box roof from the direct sun. With those roofs and considered placement the boxes have always produced successful fledgings of both Bluebirds and Tree Swallows. I have other boxes, but these are usually the first ones chosen.

> On Jun 23, 2020, at 1:41 PM, Martha Pfeiffer <0000001a1bef7484-dmarc-request...> wrote:
>
> A friend of mine went to clean out the Bluebird box from this first nesting. He hadn't seen any activity in more than a few days. What was inside the box was a male bird = dead - and all the hatchlings were dead. I have photo. The female was busy feeding until recently. There is no sign of disturbance of the nest, no feathers strewn around, nothing violent occurred, The male is fully intact. I have a photo. Please, any ideas what could have happened to this family of Bluebirds?Disease?? What???Thanks for any response.
>

> Martha Pfeiffer, Dorset

Join us on Facebook!