Date: 6/23/20 11:14 am
From: Brennan Michaels <owlhousevt...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Help! Dead Bluebirds
This spring we had fledglings ready to fledge and we believe a house wren
went in and killed them.
They have done this before. I have come to dislike these cute little birds
a great deal. They also destroyed a chckadee nest with 7 babies that both
male and female chickadee were busy feeding.
You would thunk there would be a sign of violence unless the male protected
them. The female is now alone without a mate? We have a phoebe who has no
mate and her nest was destroyed by a red squirrel and we have no idesa what
happened to his/her mate just that it is all alone calling "phoebe, phoebe"
often. After this sping/summer I can't imagine how ny birds make it at all.
Also we now have two adult male robins hopping all over our lawn.
hope you find out this mystery. so tragic.
Brennan Michaels Salisbury, VT

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 1:41 PM Martha Pfeiffer <
<0000001a1bef7484-dmarc-request...> wrote:

> A friend of mine went to clean out the Bluebird box from this first
> nesting. He hadn't seen any activity in more than a few days. What was
> inside the box was a male bird = dead - and all the hatchlings were dead.
> I have photo. The female was busy feeding until recently. There is no
> sign of disturbance of the nest, no feathers strewn around, nothing violent
> occurred, The male is fully intact. I have a photo. Please, any ideas
> what could have happened to this family of Bluebirds?Disease??
> What???Thanks for any response.
>

> Martha Pfeiffer, Dorset

Join us on Facebook!