Date: 6/23/20 8:03 am
From: <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Coos Bank Swallow 6/23/20
Hi -

My impressions from my years in south Florida (where Bank Swallows did not nest) was that they had a migration a bit like shorebirds, with an early wave of presumably southbound migrants in late June/early July. Some of the population nests way north - cut banks of rivers crossing the tundra to the Bering Sea and Arctic Ocean - and perhaps like shorebirds, some failed breeders bail and head south right at the beginning of summer.

Wayne