Date: 6/22/20 6:16 pm
From: Andy Martin <apmartin2...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Serpentine Barrens Conservation Park, Travillah, MD
Hi Scott,

I usually just park off Piney Meeting House Rd at powerlines and walk in
following the gravel road (and ignoring the no trespassing signs). Have
never been bothered by anyone or told to get out. The adjacent woods are
easy to wander around in with very little undergrowth. Not sure if that's
due to a deer browse thing or its a serpentine barrens thing. About 1/2 or
3/4 mile from Piney Mtg house along the gravel powerline road you come to a
grassy cross path. If recently mowed, easy to go left or right and continue
wandering. If not mowed, seems to be Lone Star tick city! If properly
dressed and protected for ticks no worries!

Hope this helps.

Andy Martin
Gaithersburg

ps - Have also gone in a back way cutting through woods at end of Pine View
Ln. Again there's a community "no trespassing" sign that I choose to ignore.