Date: 6/22/20 4:41 pm
From: Mary Garrard <springazure1...>
Subject: [obol] I ❤️ Oregon Coast
From: Nature's Coast Oregon <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 17:10:43 -0500
I know I express a sentiment felt by many coast residents when I say "Thank You!" to everyone who has put plans to come to the coast to bird (or whatever) on hold recently. I never imagined that a tiny virus could possibly constrain even my own local wanderings, but as others have thoughtfully noted here, having 200+ coronavirus cases roll into town overnight, literally just down the hill from where I live on Yaquina Bay, is something that definitely gives serious pause. Consideration of this situation by visitors (evidenced by wearing masks when they do come) is much appreciated.

So as "Consolation Prize" to those who have had to put off their next visit to the coast for a post-pandemic day, here's a short new video from the coast that might help ease the anguish of waiting. It's not totally birds, but opens with a pair of talking eagles and ends with a pretty cool owl, and those who enjoy seeing the other varieties of "Beauty & Nature" on the wintertime coast will likely appreciate it, too:

https://vimeo.com/427908094/0a2140112c <https://vimeo.com/427908094/0a2140112c>

I know video is not the same as "being there," but creating it gave me something to do while getting the hang of social distancing ... I hope you enjoy it!

Howard Shippey

Newport

Thanks, Howard. I don’t know if it made me feel better or worse, but your video was really beautiful and the Bald Eagles vocalizing were awesome!

Mary Garrard
Corvallis

Join us on Facebook!