Date: 6/22/20 3:11 pm
From: Nature's Coast Oregon <info...>
Subject: [obol] Coast "Consolation Prize"
I know I express a sentiment felt by many coast residents when I say
"Thank You!" to everyone who has put plans to come to the coast to
bird (or whatever) on hold recently. I never imagined that a tiny
virus could possibly constrain even my own local wanderings, but as
others have thoughtfully noted here, having 200+ coronavirus cases
roll into town overnight, literally just down the hill from where I
live on Yaquina Bay, is something that definitely gives serious pause.
Consideration of this situation by visitors (evidenced by wearing
masks when they do come) is much appreciated.

So as "Consolation Prize" to those who have had to put off their next
visit to the coast for a post-pandemic day, here's a short new video
from the coast that might help ease the anguish of waiting. It's not
totally birds, but opens with a pair of talking eagles and ends with a
pretty cool owl, and those who enjoy seeing the other varieties of
"Beauty & Nature" on the wintertime coast will likely appreciate it,
too:

https://vimeo.com/427908094/0a2140112c

I know video is not the same as "being there," but creating it gave me
something to do while getting the hang of social distancing ... I hope
you enjoy it!

Howard Shippey
Newport
Howard Shippey Nature's Coast Oregon[1]