Date: 6/22/20 1:38 pm
From: Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...>
Subject: [obol] Re: swallows?
I have a pair of VG Swallows in Ashland that started their nest in my yard
1 week ago in a box that was used earlier this year by WB Nuthatch... also
3 Tree Swallow nests in the yard that probably have young in the boxes.

Karl Schneck
Ashland, Oregon
"As age comes on, one source of enjoyment after another is closed, but
nature's sources never fail." John Muir
 ( '<
/ )  )
// " "

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 12:33 PM Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
wrote:

> The VGs at my house will fledge this week.
>
> Alan Contreras
> Eugene, Oregon
>
> <acontrer56...>
>
> www.alanlcontreras.com
>

> On Jun 22, 2020, at 12:22 PM, <t4c1x...> wrote:
>

> Has anyone else noticed a recent reduction in swallows? A few weeks ago
> there were about six or eight pairs apparently preparing to nest here at
> Thornton Creek, (Lincoln), but now there are only a couple pair each of
> Barn Swallows and Violet-greens. It could be that the females are sitting
> on eggs, but it looks more like some birds simply left the area. It stayed
> cold and wet here right up to the end of last week, and I wonder if some of
> the birds just departed to more suitable places.
>
> Darrel

Join us on Facebook!