Date: 6/22/20 12:16 pm
From: Hugh McGuinness <hdmcguinness...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Serpentine Barrens Conservation Park, Travillah, MD
So technically, the park is closed to the public and you need a permit from
MoCo to enter. I have had a research permit there for a few years so I know
the portion close to Piney Branch fairly well. There are no trails through
the park, so you have to bushwhack and walking through the woods is
difficult at points but not impossible (or impassable). There is a
powerline right-of-way, but that is marked with No Trespassing signs. Ticks
can be overwhelming at certain times, although I can't see a phenological
pattern. Although I am doing moth work there, there are some fun birds in
the area, but I haven't been this year so I don't know what is currently
there.

Hugh

--
Hugh McGuinness