Date: 6/21/20 8:33 pm
From: Ron Stakland <rons...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Worm Eating Warbler in Lee County
Per family tradition on Fathers Day I was allowed to dictate the family agenda for the day so I dragged them all to the Croton Unit at Shimek in search of the previously reported Worm Eating Warbler. We didn’t arrive until about 9:45 but the parking lot was birdy with Chat, YB Cuckoo, Common YT, Indigo Bunting, a possible Black Billed Cuckoo flyby, and a Scarlet Tanager all in the first 15 minutes. We then followed directions shared previously by Chuck Fuller and Chris Edwards and found two Worm Eaters a couple hundred feet up the small tributary stream. A magical little canyon made even better by close looks at the pair from only about 30 feet. We did not stay long as we figured their nest was likely nearby. They seemed to be accompanied by a very vocal Least Flycatcher.
Best of all, my family got to share in this special treasure hunt and perhaps gain a bit of insight into this strange birding obsession of their parents.
Hope all you fathers had a day as fine as mine.
Best,
Ron Stakland
Fairfield

Sent from my iPhone