Date: 6/21/20 11:21 am
From: Andy Wilson <awilson.gettysburg...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] putting the Northern back in Bobwhite
Dear all,

I checked out the Bobwhite near Elder Cemetery, Emmitsburg, Frederick Co,
this morning. I'm afraid by driving down nearby Mechanisctown Rd I could
hear that the birds were in the yard of a house there - the house has
free-range chickens, goats, and several cages in their yard. There's also a
nice Purple Martin colony there. This is about 300 yards SE of the
cemetery. So, I'll not be adding bobwhite to me Frederick County list or
the atlas data. Bummer!

Better news, I did a careful census of the Dickcissels along Keyesville and
Gregg Rds - I counted 12 singing, at a minimum. This was only on the
Frederick side - I know there are more in Carroll. Also one singing
Bobolink on Gregg Rd. The large hayfields on Harney Rd that have held up to
6 singing Bobolinks have been mowed, and no BOBOs to be seen.

Cheers

Andy Wilson
Frederick

--