Date: 6/21/20 3:05 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] BBA
Actually the this even easier than submitting directly into the portal. If you have breeding codes - most especially breeding *confirmation* codes for unusual species (think raptors, neotropical migrants, species in decline in the state) - and you use eBird, you really should make sure your observation is recorded. This is a major scientific study to determine the status of birds in Maryland and we need every set of eyes!

This is how I put my lists into the Atlas portal now and it takes literally 30 seconds.

Open your personal account eBird checklist which contains the breeding code(s).
At the top right, click on the blue rectangle. This will show a number of editing options.
Scroll down to the 6th option, “change portal” and click on this.
You will get a screen with an alphabetical scroll-down menu of portals (the first being Alaska eBird.)
Scroll down to “Maryland-DC Breeding Bird Atlas” and select this.
Click on button at bottom, “Change Portal,” and you are done. Your list will be copied to the Atlas portal, and will of course also stay in your own account.

And do not worry about what block you are in, the software takes care of that.

Gail Mackiernan
Colesville

Sent from my iPad