Date: 6/20/20 8:04 pm
From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Veery update
I spent a couple of hours in the swamp this morning before Alan arrived and
all was Veery quiet.

My Veery Theory is below - does anyone agree?

The courtship began on or about 11 June

Nest building occurred over the next 6 days ~ 17 June

Egg-laying takes place over roughly 4 days ~ 21 June

Incubation takes about 12 days ~ 3 July

Hatchlings are fed for another 12 days ~ 15 July

Fledglings remain in the area for up to another 14 days ~ July 29

So - my thinking is that the birds are in a quiet period right now and
should be more active and vocal again between July 4 and 15th while they
are feeding the hatchlings.

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 5:29 PM Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> wrote:

> Vjera Thompson and Rich Hoyer joined me for a long day of mountain birding
> in e Lane Co (details on the lanebirds list). We also sneaked into
> Deschutes to look for the Veeries. Could not find any late morning at the
> Hwy 20 meadow site. One was calling frequently and flying around (mostly
> hiding) on both sides of the new footbridge at Indian Ford CG. This was
> about 11:15 today.
>

> Alan Contreras
> <acontrer56...>
> Eugene, Oregon