Date: 6/20/20 4:40 pm
From: John Snell <jrsnelljr...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Unknown high fliers in Montpelier today
While at the Farmers Market today at noon, I became aware of a half dozen fairly large white birds flying high over the city, mainly soaring and circling and not much wing flapping. They were just high enough that I could not make out any field markings other than their overall white undersides.

They were shortly joined by another two dozen of the same exhibiting the same soaring behavior. They then disappeared! Not by flying away but by flying even higher—to the point where I could no longer see them.

I thought maybe gulls of some sort. Harvesting an insect hatch seems possible but an unlikely gull activity. I’d appreciate thoughts as this one is beyond my limited skills as a birder.

Still learning to see,

John Snell

http://www.johnsnell.photography <http://www.eyeimagein.com/>
http://www.stilllearningtosee.com <http://www.stilllearningtosee.com/>