Date: 6/20/20 1:27 pm
From: HARVEY W SCHUBOTHE <ninerharv2...>
Subject: [obol] 2020 Shorebird Festival Cancelled
We have been delaying this decision and announcement as long as possible, but Cape Arago Audubon Society sadly shares that the Oregon Shorebird Festival has been cancelled for 2020. This marks our first cancelation in 34 years. While so much of our world can and will change before September, we would have to begin our preparations for 2020 now and we are uncertain that we would be able to provide for the health and safety of our attendees, volunteers, presenters, trip leaders, food and lodging providers, and fellow sponsors this fall.

We will be back in 2021 with a more robust Festival that will feature even more fun birding adventures and activities on our southern Oregon Coast. That said, we hope you will still be coming our way this summer and fall. The weather has been great, the birding better than ever. While we may not be able to provide for a safe festival this fall, you will have a safe place practicing social distancing to enjoy your outdoor birding experience here. Come on down!

Harv Schubothe

Join us on Facebook!