Date: 6/20/20 7:13 am
From: 'Leslie' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Chat???
I was going to suggest checking powerline cuts. I don’t think Calvert County counts as being in central MD, but on June 10 I walked a half mile stretch of the BGE right-of-way south of Prince Frederick and heard 7 “singing” chats, every time I crested a hill and walked into a new ravine. The first one was right where the powerline cut crosses the road, so it could have been heard without walking.

Leslie Starr
Port Republic