Date: 6/20/20 6:39 am
From: 'Rodney Burley' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Chat???
Andy, on a good year at the North Tract PWR, you can’t help but trip over chats. This year a different story. They have been pretty scares in they’re normal haunts. Early they were seen in the first large field up wildlife loop past the contact station. They are usually a given at the wildlife viewing area. This year not so much. Those areas are still good to search, but also anywhere the power line areas run adjacent the wildlife loop. The large open area around the entrance road to scout site one is another worth while place to check. If your up for a hike you can check out a few of the back road areas that are only open to bike, horseback or foot traffic. The furthest out is the blue heron pond area. This does have a large open area to look and listen. Open areas where the power lines run adjacent or cross Wild Turkey Way and or South Road are great areas to search. Have seen them in all these areas this year. Just not in the norms that usually would be present. You can get a map from the contact station that will show all these areas. Best of luck!! Rod Burley

Sent from my iPhone