Date: 6/19/20 4:36 pm
From: Scott Atkinson <scottratkinson...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Least Flycatcher, Costa's Hummingbird: Clallam County firsts, both found mid-day at Carrie Blake Park
Tweeters:

Carrie Blake Park was alive with birds today, and I started just after 12 noon.

The first surprise was a Least Flycatcher, giving its relentless "che-bek" song from the east-edge willows/cottonwoods overlooking the small pond, before flying east to the Quaking Aspen grove visible east of N. Rhodefer, the road that borders Carrie Blake along the east edge. I obtained both photos and an audio recording of this bird (the latter is being uploaded to flickr presently). When I left over two hours later, the bird was still singing. This clip includes two "che-beks" if you listen closely:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/14115261@N05/50024127736/in/dateposted-public/

Then, even more surprising, an imm. female Costa's Hummingbird, which I could not photograph, was at the northeast corner of the ball field/public area. I had a frontal view from about 20 ft, at eye level; rather than give all the details again, here is EBird for both birds:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S70611453

Scott Atkinson