Date: 6/16/20 5:55 pm
From: Debra Lewis <goofyone...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Kittitas County question
We’ve been living in Ellensburg for the past year and we see them every day! On a recent outing we saw at least 50 out on the Colockum Rd where the pavement ends and the dirt road begins. My Brittany sits out in the back yard and watches them and dares them to land.
Have a safe day

D Lewis

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 16, 2020, at 10:48 AM, J Christian Kessler <1northraven...> wrote:

Sunday I birded Kittitas Co. from west of Cle Elum (2 sites) to east of Kittitas (the town), including Quilomene (where I got Sage Thrashers & one Brewers Sparrow despite the winds of over 20 mph). But I never saw a single Magpie anywhere. Weather on iPhone said winds were 22 mph in Ellensburg, I would think more like 25 mph out on the prairie, but still saw crows, one battered TV, but nary a Magpie even in the cottonwood along Parke Creek Rd or Stevens Rd (where the Yellow-headed Blackbirds seem to have relocated). I'd be interested in thoughts as to why no Magpies.

Chris Kessler
Seattle

--
"moderation in everything, including moderation"
Rustin Thompson