Date: 6/16/20 9:34 am
From: Tim Shelmerdine <tim.spanish.guide...>
Subject: [obol] More weekend experiences
I want to thank Paul and Kevin for sharing their posts on OBOL. While I
dipped on the Wood Thrush on Sunday, I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent
with new friends and old in a very special setting. The Frain Ranch area is
truly a unique, wild place. We are so lucky to live in a state where we
have these places. The day was sunny, many birds were singing, and the
birding companions were excellent, so while missing the thrush was
disappointing, I am happy I made the trip. The drive down in my older RAV 4
was a ;little gnarly, but the older RAVs have more clearance than the newer
models, and I have had quite a lot of experience on rocky, crappy roads in
the past without getting into trouble. And I enjoyed providing a free taxi
service on the way back up. I hope to make it back to this special area in
the not too distant future, with or without a rare bird to attract me.
On Sunday, Zia was nice enough to take me and a birder from Utah to a
couple of places in Josephine County, which made another great day. So
enjoyable to spend time with good birds and good people.
I rarely write this type of post on OBOL, and did it much less eloquently
than Paul and Kevin, but did want to echo many of their sentiments.
Have a great birding week,
Tim

Join us on Facebook!