Date: 6/15/20 10:46 am
From: Jim Rapp <dlitedirector...>
Subject: [MDBirding] June 26-28: Summer Delmarva Birding Weekend & Sunset Seabird Safaris all summer
Now that Governor Hogan has lifted some travel restrictions, Delmarva Birding Weekends is offering small group summer tours with COVID-19 guidelines in place. Our 1st Summer Delmarva Birding Weekend will be held June 26-28, 2020, and Sunset Seabird Safaris are planned all summer long.

We are excited to work with our local guides and outfitters to enjoy summer birding with you while safely hiking, paddling and boating on our bays and rivers. For June 26-28, we have planned field trips that include:

* paddling on Ayers Creek and the Pocomoke River
* boating on Maryland's coastal bays and to Smith Island in the Chesapeake Bay
* hiking at Newport Farms and in the Nassawango Creek Preserve.
From June 26 to October 3, Sunset Seabird Safaris will traverse the coastal bays from behind Ocean City to Chincoteague Bay. Departing from the West OC Harbor, the three-hour evening tours begin with the northern bays, rife with Snowy and Great Egrets, American Oystercatchers, and Black-crowned Night Herons and, after passing the gauntlet of nesting Ospreys, end at sunset at South Point Spoils.
There, participants can witness the feathered embrace of the full complement of colonial nesting birds including Cattle Egrets, Tricolored Herons, Little Blue Herons, Royal Terns, Brown Pelicans and Glossy Ibis.

Visit www.DelmarvaBirding.com for field trip descriptions and registration information.

Jim Rapp
<dlitedirector...>
443-614-0261