Date: 6/13/20 5:46 pm
From: Sandi Morey <hobbsmorey...>
Subject: [obol] Eastern Phoebe, Interlachen Lane, Fairview area, Multnomah County, June 6
Hello, Bob Stites and I saw an unusual bird June 6, thought it was a Gray Flycatcher. Jay Withgott questioned my eBird checklist, so I attached photos and he said it was an Eastern Phoebe. (I even got a "Holy Cow!").

Bob has returned to the same site several times since then and has not re-seen this bird.

Where we were when bird was sighted is NE Interlachen Ln, Gresham US-OR 45.55405, -122.45719 pretty much at the site of the map pin marker on my eBird checklist. There's a short pull-off there that stops at a chain-link-fence gate, and the bird was perched on a bare branch about 20 feet or more toward the pond (by a commercial building, at the bottom of the slope west of the pull-off).

Jay asked me to post this on OBOL even though it's a week later in case anyone else wanted to check the area.

eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S70142353

Good birding!

Sandi Morey, NE Portland

Join us on Facebook!