Date: 6/13/20 4:49 pm
From: Kyle Belcher <k-belcher...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Worm-eating warbler, Shimek SF
I went down to the Shimek/Lacey area today mainly to look for Hooded warbler, which I struck out on. However, a nice consolation was finding the Worm-eating warbler at the Croton unit west of Argyle. It was in the same spot it’s been seen recently, going to the right off the trail before crossing the creek until you see reach the little hill to the right, maybe 50 ft. It’s not a bad strategy to follow the side creek bed that way instead of bushwhacking, which is what I did. It wasn’t singing, so I really just lucked into it flitting around a bit before it took off.

Saw most of the other expected area birds, including chats at croton, and blue winged and cerulean warblers at Lacey. Heard Kentucky but couldn’t spot it, they were singing way back in the woods.

Kyle Belcher
Iowa City

Sent from my iPhone