Date: 6/13/20 12:38 pm
From: David Stone <dns...>
Subject: [obol] Please don't flush the Yellow Rail
There is a reason that yellow rails are so hard to find/see.
It is in their DNA to hide. Flushing them is extreme harassment and puts them in serious danger from predators.

Long ago, we learned not to shoot birds just so we could add them to our list. Us photographers have learned to back off if our approach changes a bird's behavior. Flushing a secretive bird like a yellow rail seriously changes their behavior.

It's not worth a photo (especially a poor photo taken in the dark), or a tick on a list to endanger an secretive bird like a yellow rail.

Lorax(ish) I speak for the trees and the birds.

David Stone
<dns...>

Join us on Facebook!