Date: 6/12/20 7:54 pm
From: Les R Becker <lesrbecker2...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Odd Occurrence Today - Anhinga
My wife and I drove to Patuxent North Tract today in search of the resident
Trumpeter Swans frequenting Merganser Pond. We had just arrived and I had
bins in my hand when I noticed what appeared to be a curled dark neck
holding a fish in its beak. I did observe a broad black profile below the
surface of the water as the critter moved toward the left side behind the
beaver lodge. I have seen Anhinga before and just viewed a YouTube video
that convinces me that I did indeed observe an Anhinga, though I’m aware
that we’re rather far north of their normal Summer range.

As there was no time to capture a photo before the bird seemed to
disappear, I did not post to eBird.

The point of this post is informational only; to alert others to expect the
unexpected.

doclrb

--
*--*
*Les R. Becker, Ph.D., MS.MEdL, NRP, CHSE*

*Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine on the*
*Biomedical Educator Track*
*Georgetown University **School** of **Medicine*

*Associate Editor*
*Medical Education Online*
www.med-ed-online.org

Learning Research and Design
MedStar Health, Simulation Training and Education Lab (SiTEL)
3007 Tilden Street NW | Suite 3M | Washington DC | 20008
Office: 202-888-9213 | Cell: 301-520-5642
<les.becker...>
<lrb64...> <lrb64...>